What are we up to?
We’re developing chocolate without cacao.
Because the way most of the world’s cacao is produced and processed at the moment is unethical and environmentally f*cked.
It involves child labour and slave labour; and lots of it. And great swathes of land are being deforested to grow cacao for chocolate-eaters, and producing 1 kg of cacao beans produces around the same greenhouse gas emissions as 1 kg of cheese or lamb.
We’ve come up with a way of making an alternative to chocolate—that tastes, melts, grates, snaps the same—but can be made in a way that avoids these problems.
We are launching a consumer brand for our products and will also sell our products as ingredients to existing chocolate producers.
Using whole ingredients and fermentation smarts. It’s what we call “very clever cooking”: a mix of traditional techniques with cutting-edge food tech.
Why do we need your help?
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to implement and manage our UK brand and marketing strategy. Is that you?
This is an integral role at WNWN, supporting the Commercial Director to build a coherent, trailblazing marketing and communications strategy across both consumer and B2B channels, executing that vision and ensuring that our growth targets are met.
Do you want to help build and grow an international brand from scratch? Build your own team to run marketing, social media, and communications? Want to be part of the hustle and bustle of start-up life, but with years of wisdom behind you? Well then, this could be just the thing for you!
Here’s a summary of what you will do:
- Support the Commercial Director with developing and implementing the marketing strategy across all channels
- Take ownership in the management and creation of marketing assets, including point-of-sale
- Manage product launches and seasonal campaigns
- Support in the development of our brand across D2C and B2B
- Create web listings and undertake general admin on the website
- Support the Commercial Director and Operations team in the development of packaging
- Day-to-day management of the company account
- Managing the Social Media Lead and any agency support that may be required
- Helping to create engaging content across all channels
- Develop and execute influencer campaigns
- Manage giveaways, social collaborations and partnerships
Events and Samplings
- Organise and run consumer events, and work in partnership with the sales team on the organisation of trade shows
- Take the lead on in-store sampling
- Work with the sales team to develop and implement in-store/on location marketing strategies
- Working on creating mutually beneficial brand partnerships - both online and offline
Management & Reporting
- Building and managing a creative, high-functioning Marketing team
- Ensure team KPIs and targets are met
- Working with a digital marketing agency to ensure we are performing on SEO and digital ad campaigns
- Produce weekly updates and monthly reports
- Process product sample requests (e.g. PR and influencer samples)
- Ad-hoc admin
Who are you?
More than anything we want to find great people to work with. If all of the above sounds interesting to you, then please get in touch. However, in an ideal world you would have:
- At least four year’s Marketing experience, preferably at a food/beverage or FMCG brand
- At least two year’s team management experience
- A degree in marketing or similar
- Strong copywriting skills
- Experience successfully launching new products in the UK market
- Experience working with digital marketing and brand agencies and setting up digital ad campaigns, improving SEO, etc.
- Experience managing social media campaigns across different platforms (e.g. Instagram, TikTok, Facebook)
- Experience using website CMS and updating web pages (preferably Shopify)
- Experience using customer CRM systems or customer service platforms
- Experience setting up and running email campaigns and newsletters (MailChimp, etc)
- A track record of smashing KPIs and online revenue targets
- A creative flair and understanding of good branding and design
- An entrepreneurial attitude and good commercial acumen
- Great communication and team working skills
- Strong numerical ability and able to use spreadsheets to produce reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivation, common sense, and initiative
- Availability to work full-time in London
- A love of chocolate!
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary + options
- Lots of freedom, autonomy and responsibility
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for professional development
- The chance to work with like-minded, fun people who have lots of great ideas
- The chance to be one of the first employees in a fast growing, exciting company
Our take on diversity:
WNWN for everyone.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer.
We will consider all applications equally regardless of a person’s race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Moreover, we actively encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in the food and food tech space to apply.
Let’s fight climate change and inequality together.
How to apply:
If the above sounds like you, then apply! What are you waiting for?
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a (thoughtful) cover letter or 1-min video and your CV. Non-traditional CVs welcome.