What are we up to?
We’ve developed chocolate without cocoa.
Because the way most of the world’s cocoa is produced and processed at the moment is unethical and environmentally f*cked.
It involves child labour and slave labour; and lots of it. And great swathes of land are being deforested to grow cocoa for chocolate-eaters, and producing 1kg of cocoa beans produces more greenhouse gas emissions than 1kg of cheese or even lamb.
We’ve come up with a way of making an alternative to chocolate—that tastes, melts, grates, snaps the same—but can be made in a way that avoids these problems.
We’re selling our products as ingredients to chocolate producers and bakery & confectionery groups, and also starting up a challenger brand to bring our products directly to consumers.
Using whole ingredients and fermentation smarts. It’s what we call “very clever cooking”: a mix of traditional techniques with cutting-edge food tech.
Why do we need your help?
We are looking for a Sales Director to develop and deliver our B2B and B2C sales strategy, with focus on the UK and Europe, but expanding internationally as we grow. Is that you?
This is a major role responsible for leading WNWN’s sales and business development: building a coherent, trailblazing sales strategy across both B2B (the role’s focus) and consumer channels, executing that vision and ensuring that sales targets are in-line with our scale-up plan. You’ll be working directly with our co-founders and with our Sales Manager.
Do you miss building sales from scratch? Landing that first huge deal? The hustle and bustle of start-up life, but with years of wisdom behind you? Well then. This could be just the thing for you!
What you’ll do:
Sales Strategy & Implementation
– Building, refining and executing our sales strategy for our B2C brand and our B2B business, i.e. what needs to be in place at what time, which sales pipelines are prioritized, which retailers to target, what scale is needed, and understanding when our product is ready for each channel
– Our go direct to partnership strategy
– Securing early interest from clients, building sales relationships, obtaining LOIs, and converting into long-term sales contracts
– Effectively leveraging existing relationships with multinational companies
– Managing all outbound and inbound sales activities across the UK, Europe, and ROW
– Pitching our brand/s and products to B2B clients and retailers via email, telephone and in person
– Account management and growth across all channels
– Setting up and attending sales and business development meetings in the UK and overseas (when required)
– Negotiating commercial deals and sales contracts
– Gathering market intelligence and gathering data from new and potential clients and conveying findings with the R&D and NPD teams to support any new product development
– Managing trade shows and sales events, both in the UK and overseas
– Working with the Marketing team to create effective campaigns to help increase awareness and drive sales
– Present WNWN’s brand, value proposition, and products effectively to reach revenue targets
– Define and achieve weekly, monthly, and annual sales targets
Systems & Process Management
– Maintaining accurate sales records and ensure the Sales team manage and maintain our CRM system
– Establishing and maintaining the most efficient sales pipeline
– Reviewing performance and creating in-depth sales reports for management and our shareholders
Management & HR
– Managing our Sales Manager and grow an effective Sales team with new future hires
– Develop and inspire your team and colleagues
Who are you?
More than anything we want to find great people to work with. If the above resonates and sounds interesting to you, then get in touch. However in an ideal world you—our perfect person—would:
– Have at least 10 years experience working in a Senior Sales/Business Development or Commercial role at a startup and/or FMCG company (it could be chocolate, it could be snacks), preferably within the EU
– Be a natural relationship builder and deal maker with a track record of smashing sales targets
– At least 5 years managerial experience, with multiple direct reports
– Eat project management and spreadsheets for breakfast, lunch and dinner
– Be analytical, pragmatic, action and impact oriented, execution focused
– Be creative and good at thinking outside the box
– Be a team player, and remain chill when working under tight deadlines
– Be able to give and receive constructive feedback
– Be keen to get your hands dirty: literally, covered in chocolate, sometimes but also willing to apply yourself to new problems that you might not have faced before.
You should also:
– Love chocolate!
– Be based in (or very close to) London and legally able to work in the UK
– Most other things are negotiable but these two—unfortunately—are not!
What we’ll give you:
– A competitive salary + stock options + commission – because money makes the world go round!
– Lots of freedom, autonomy and responsibility
– Flexible working hours
– Opportunities for professional development
– The chance to work with like-minded, fun people who have lots of great ideas and dreams
Our take on diversity:
WNWN for everyone. We’re an equal-opportunity employer.
We will consider all applications equally regardless of a person’s race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Moreover, we actively encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in the food and food tech space to apply.
Let’s fight climate change and inequality together.
How to apply:
If the above sounds like you, then apply! What are you waiting for?
Drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org with a (thoughtful) cover letter or a short one minute video and your CV.