Operations Intern (Part-Time)
What are we up to?
We’ve developed chocolate without cocoa.
Because the way most of the world’s cocoa is produced and processed at the moment is unethical and environmentally f*cked.
It involves child labour and slave labour; and lots of it. And great swathes of land are being deforested to grow cocoa for chocolate-eaters, and producing 1kg of cocoa beans produces more greenhouse gas emissions than 1kg of cheese or even lamb.
We’ve come up with a way of making an alternative to chocolate—that tastes, melts, grates, snaps the same—but can be made in a way that avoids these problems.
We’re selling our products as ingredients to chocolate producers and bakery & confectionery groups, and also starting up a challenger brand to bring our products directly to consumers.
Using whole ingredients and fermentation smarts. It’s what we call “very clever cooking”: a mix of traditional techniques with cutting-edge food tech.
Why do we need your help?
We are looking for an operations intern to help with the day-to-day operations as we sell our cocoa-free chocolate and scale across the world. Being an integral part of the team this internship is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of our operations, including supply chain management, inventory control, and process optimization.
- Inventory Management: Assist in maintaining accurate inventory records, monitoring stock levels, and identifying opportunities for cost-effective inventory management.
- Order Processing: Support the order fulfillment process, ensuring timely and accurate shipment of customer orders while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Logistics Coordination: Assist in coordinating transportation and logistics activities, including working with third-party logistics providers to optimize shipping and delivery processes.
- Data Analysis: Analyze operational data to identify trends, inefficiencies, and opportunities for improvement. Provide actionable insights to the operations team.
- Bookkeeping: Assist the Finance Director with finance administration and expense records.
- Process Improvement: Collaborate with the operations team to identify and implement process improvements to enhance efficiency and reduce costs.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with other departments, such as marketing, customer service, and finance, to ensure seamless coordination of operations with other business functions.
- Documentation: Maintain and update documentation related to operations procedures, ensuring accuracy and accessibility for the team.
- Ad Hoc Projects: Assist with various ad hoc projects and tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Who are you?
More than anything we want to find great people to work with. If the above resonates and sounds interesting to you, then get in touch. However in an ideal world you—our perfect person—would:
- Currently either finished or enrolled in university or college.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with data and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Google equivalents (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Eagerness to learn and contribute to the growth of our brand.
What we’ll give you:
- A 3-month paid internship (3-4 days a week depending on company expectations) with the possibility of extension or full-time employment based on performance and business needs.
- Hands-on experience in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Exposure to various aspects of operations and supply chain management.
- Mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals in the field.
- Opportunities for skill development and growth within the company.
- The chance to work with like-minded, fun people who have lots of great ideas and dreams.
- Plenty of delicious cocoa-free chocolate and other healthy meals!
Our take on diversity:
WNWN for everyone. We’re an equal-opportunity employer.
We will consider all applications equally regardless of a person’s race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Moreover, we actively encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in the food and food tech space to apply.
Let’s fight climate change and inequality together.
How to apply:
If the above sounds like you, then apply! What are you waiting for?
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a (thoughtful) cover letter or 1-min video and your CV. Non-traditional CVs welcome.